The smaller of the Z Portal® configurations is ideal for scanning cars, vans, small trucks, and their cargo. Its Z Backscatter®, Forwardscatter®, and optional dual-energy X-ray technologies capture two images from each side and two images of the top—simultaneously—providing six views that quickly highlight metallic and organic threats and contraband, such as weapons, stowaways, explosives, drugs, and alcohol.
- Most widely deployed multi-technology system for screening passenger vehicles
- Extremely high throughput of up to 400 cars per hour
- Ideal for high traffic environments
- Images from three sides simultaneously with Z Backscatter® and optional dual-energy transmission technology
- Highlights organic and metallic threats and contraband, such as explosives, weapons, currency, and drugs
- Two-sided Forwardscatter imaging provides enhanced detection of shielded organics, hidden compartments, or other large metallic threats